We are a Registered BAS Agent, which means we have met all the qualification requirements of the Tax Practitioners Board. So we will be able to:
- Prepare BAS, IAS and GST with our regular bookkeeping services
- Lodge your BAS and IAS electronically with the ATO, so your BAS is on time – avoiding the late penalties
- Making sure you report GST correctly
- Ensure your wages are correctly entered into the BAS
- Ensure any instalments are correctly entered.
What is Business Activity Statements (BAS)?
A Business Activity Statement (BAS) is a form that must be submitted to the ATO in order to report business tax obligations, including GST, pay as you go (PAYG) instalments, PAYG withholding and fringe benefits tax.
Instalment Activity Statements (IAS)
Instalment Activity Statements (IAS forms) are used to report and pay the amounts withheld from your employee’s wages and salaries(PAYG). The IAS form is prepared on a month to month basis; this is also included on your quarterly BAS form.
Goods & Services Tax (GST)
Goods and services tax (GST) is a broad-based tax of 10% on most goods, services and other items sold or consumed in Australia. Generally, businesses registered for GST will include GST in the price of sales to their customers, and claim credits for the GST included in the price of their business purchases.